Becoming a CCL Ambassador
To strengthen existing, and build new relationships between Center for Civic Leadership staff and the Rice student body in order to better connect students with resources and opportunities for civic leadership.
The CCL Student Ambassadors serve as liaisons between the CCL staff and the Rice student body. As such, they are engaged in activities that fall into these four major categories:
- Representation of and recruitment for CCL opportunities
- Collaboration with CCL staff
- Peer advising
- Direct program support
- Hone leadership skills including communication, strategic-planning, and facilitation
- Further develop self-awareness of personal and professional competencies through reflection, feedback, and professional development supported by a staff mentor
- Further develop understanding of different modes of civic engagement and impact
- Gain insight into the organizational and human resource functions of a professional office
- Participation in at least one LEARN and ACT level program (or equivalent experience as determined by CCL staff)
- Commitment to spending 50 hours per semester working on CCL projects and tasks
- Understanding of CCL values and a willingness to learn more about CCL programs, structure, and goals
- Interest in, and commitment to, professional development and growth as a civic leader
- Interest in, and commitment to, the growth and development of the CCL to better achieve its mission of fostering civic leadership
- Compensated for work with hourly wage ($10/hr)
- Opportunity to develop professional skills while working closely with CCL staff member(s)
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with CCL staff and represent the Rice student body in CCL processes of program Development, management, and decision-making
- Opportunity to represent the CCL and its programs on campus and in the community
- Be matched with a CCL mentor throughout the year to support you in working toward professional development goals
- Applications close Thursday, April 7th at 11:59pm CST. Applications should be submitted here, and require a current resume and a statement of interest. Find more information in the Job Description tab.
- Interviews for the position will take place April 11 - 13th.
- Selected applicants will be notified by Friday, April 15th.
Questions? Email Chasmine Anderson, email@example.com