The CCL invites all students interested in fellowships to attend Fellowships Fridays (10 minute video segments) and Workshop Wednesdays (full hour interactive sessions).
- Wednesday, June 30, 3-4 pm CDT: Workshop on Personal Statements
- Friday, July 9, 1 pm CDT: Fellowships & Identities
- Wednesday, July 14, 3-4 pm CDT: Workshop on Narratives, Experiences, and Identities
- Friday, July 16, 1 pm CDT: Evaluating Research Proposals
- Wednesday, July 21, 3-4 pm CDT: Workshop on Research and Program Proposal Development
- Friday, July 23, 1 pm CDT: Internal Application Processes
- Friday, July 30, 1 pm CDT: Dealing with Writer's Block
Recordings available on the Fellowship Resources Canvas Page.
The Center for Civic Leadership recruits and offers holistic advising for a range of scholarship and fellowship opportunities for graduate study, leadership programs, and international travel and research.
We are here to support you as you identify potential funded opportunities that match your experience, values, and goals. We primarily advise for Rice nominated national fellowships and Rice internal awards, but are happy to help you find resources and provide guidance on other opportunities for which you are interested in applying.
You do not need to know what fellowships you plan to apply for in order to access our resources and advising. We aim to assist you in developing the reflective skills to identify your motivations, synthesize your experiences, and find opportunities that open doors to personal and professional development. Whether you are awarded the fellowships or scholarships for which you apply, we assure you that the process of reflection you engage with in order to apply is extremely valuable and is a practice that you will be able to apply in your future.
Through the REAL Planning Page, we offer exploratory and reflective tools to help you consider opportunities and clarify your values and goals. After you have a better understanding of your goals and which fellowships opportunities are the best fit for you, we will provide you with resources that will help you create competitive applications such as workshops on the application process, one-on-one advising and feedback on application drafts.
The fellowships are broken down into the following categories:
- Graduate Study
- Post Graduate Travel
- Post Graduate Research
- Work Abroad
- Fellowship Opportunities Pursued Prior to Senior Year
If you are interested in learning more about next steps to start your fellowships journey, please visit our REAL Planning Canvas Page.