Partnership opportunities in Houston and beyond!
The Center for Civic Leadership offers different opportunities for partner organizations to work collaboratively with Rice students. Our programs are designed to build the capacity for civic responsibility and leadership in our students, and fundamental to this is the relationship we and our students have with partner organizations.
Community partners serve as co-educators in engaging undergraduate students in the learning process. Through our programs students have a better understanding of themselves, their responsibilities as citizens, the complexity of social issues, and the mechanisms for creating sustainable change in Houston and communities beyond.
The programs of the CCL are varied and include service opportunities, internships, and civic research projects. Our programs allow students to work individually and/or in teams in Houston, throughout the United States, and internationally, and are offered during both the summer and the academic school year. To learn more about the programs offered in different geographic locations, please click on the links below:
We provide for our community partners:
- Connections with students, faculty and staff, and other partners though jointly-hosted information sessions, campus activities, and networking events
- Opportunities and venues to publicize news, events, and other partner initiatives to students, faculty, and staff at Rice University
- A designated and program-specific CCL staff member who will facilitate educational objectives and the student selection process, provide administrative support, and maintain consistent communication with the community partner
We expect our community partners will provide for us:
- A well-defined organizational mission statement and/or purpose
- The physical and organizational capacity to host and supervise Rice students
- A contact person to serve as the liaison between the CCL and the community partner organization
- The willingness and ability to serve as co-educators who teach, facilitate, and model social responsibility and civic leadership to our students
Partner with us
The Center for Civic Leadership recognizes that each partnership is unique. For this reason we ask community based organizations interested in partnering to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up an initial discussion.