We are devastated and angered over the senseless killings that took place in Atlanta on March 16th, along with the rise in hate crimes against Asian/Asian-American/API communities. Our hearts go out to the victims’ families & everyone affected by this tragedy.
We stand in solidarity with the Asian/Asian-American/API communities and strongly condemn the acts of violence and racism committed against them.
We are here to support our students, staff, and community at large. Silence does not create change. We need to stand up and speak out loudly against racism and hate whenever and wherever we see it.
Resources & Resource Guides
• For resources to educate, places to donate, and additional ways to stand up with the AAPI community this Carrd brings it together in one place: Anti-Asian Violence Resources
• Rice Wellbeing and Counseling Center: 713-348-3311 (24/7)
• APIDA (Asian Pacific Islander Desi American) Therapist Directory: https://www.asianmhc.org/apisaa
• @asiansformentalhealth on Instagram
• @subtleasianmentalhealth on Facebook is offering free 1:1 supportive listening sessions
• @laichientherap is offering AAPIs pay-as-you-wish therapy
We will be updating this page with more links as time goes on. If you know of any additional resources and organizations, please reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can add them to this page.