Leadership Rice Mentorship Experience (LRME) gives students access to summer internships with local Houston public, private, or non-profit organizations that are working to address social issues related to the environment, immigration rights, criminal justice reform, education equity, the social determinants of health, and much more.
In addition to an internship placement, students will develop the skills needed to advocate on behalf of issues and beliefs that are most important to them. Students will be able to apply these advocacy skills with others in class, in research, professionally, alongside communities, etc.
To provide additional support, LRME also connects students to mentors who will support them as they navigate their internship, their civic journeys, and their professional development. Students also receive support from the Center for Civic Leadership in applying for other fellowship and internship opportunities as well.
Application Deadline : Monday, January 30th, 2024 at 11:59 PM CT
Apply via the InfoReady: LRME 2024 Application
Timeline for LRME 2023
- Application opens & Placements made public by end of semester in December.
- Jan 15th and Jan 22nd: Info Session & Drop-In Hour 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- Application Deadline! Monday, January 30th at 11:59 PM CT
- Week of Feb 4th - LRME interviews
- March - Meetings with Mentors
- April- Finalize Paperwork
- Friday, May 3rd- First virtual workshop
- Friday, May 10th- Second virtual workshop
- Friday, May 17th- Third virtual workshop
- Monday, May 20, 2024 – internship begins
- Friday meetings throughout the summer during the internship (May 24nd through July 28th)
- Internships will typically be Mon-Thurs for 8hrs/day as defined by your placement organizations
- Fridays from 10AM - 12PM will be the time for the summer class
- Friday, July 26, 2024 – internship ends
- September – Final LRME cohort meeting & CCL Showcase event
Date held : Pre-internship workshops throughout May. Internship takes place from May 20th to July 26th, 2024
Paid internship experience - $5000 stipend per student
Eligibility : Returning undergraduate students
CCL Staff : Chris Burbridge (firstname.lastname@example.org)