The Kathryn Leebron Smyth Award provides $5,000 in funding to students for language study abroad. Funding is allotted for proposals to study languages not available at Rice University or language study above a level offered at Rice University. Funding may be applied to courses or language immersion programs.
As long as COVID is affecting travel, applicants may propose remote language learning.
Deadline : Monday, March 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Funding Available : The Kathryn Leebron Smyth Award offers up to $5,000.
Where you can study/travel : Global options
Who is eligible : Undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent alumni/ae are eligible to apply for the Wagoner. ***Note: Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will administer selection of graduate students for the Wagoner Scholarship and that information is here. Returning undergraduates are eligible to apply for the Leebron-Smyth award.
How to apply :
- 1 page, single-spaced personal statement
- 2 page, single-spaced statement of purpose that describes your project and addresses how it will enhance your academic development
- Annotated budget with a summary of additional financial resources and pending scholarship applications
- Unofficial transcript
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Provide documentation for intended formal language study
Selection Process : Faculty committee will review applications and shortlist candidates. Multiple winners selected.
Contact : Dr. Danika Burgess Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)